11th September 2008 8:35 AM
Before email will work for the first time you need to request this service to be activated on your Aquiss account. Please contact Aquiss services by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01746 708090. Outlook Express has always been popular a email client due mainly to its easy and quick setup. Just follow our guide below and you'll be sending and collecting your email in no time at all!
1. Click on the Start Button (Windows) and then select Outlook Express. Once Outlook Express has loaded, go to Tools menu located at the top and then select Accounts from the pull-down menu.
2. Select Add and then Mail.
3. You'll then be asked to enter a Display Name (e.g. your own name or a company name). Click Next.
4. Now add your email address and click Next. If using Aquiss email this will be in the format email@example.com
5.You'll now be presented with a screen asking you to confirm your incoming and outgoing email servers. Make sure that you select your incoming email server as POP3. Email Server Name Information:
6.You'll then need to state your incoming and outgoing email servers. Complete these as follows: Incoming mail server (POP3) is pop3.aquiss.net Outgoing mail server (SMTP) is smtp.aquiss.net Click Next. Internet Mail Login Information:
7. Your will be asked to add your authentication information Fill the Account Name field with your Aquiss username. This is the one that you chose when you subscribed. If your username you selected was joebloggs, then your username you need to enter is joebloggs. Fill the 'Password' field with the password that you selected during signup. (You will not be able to see it as you type, it will appear asterisked). Note that Secure Password Authentication should not be ticked. Click Next.
8. The congratulations screen will now appear. Click on Finish to complete setup. 9. You’re now ready to send and collect your email. You can do this by pressing the Send/Recv button at the top of Outlook Express.